Tiller is a nimble, distributed company transforming the way people handle their finances.
We make it easy to track spending and manage money in a spreadsheet with daily bank feeds and helpful templates.
We’re passionate about empowering people with their financial data in a flexible, private, and customizable format so they can take control of their future.
We are looking for a senior software engineer with a primary focus on front-end development to play a pivotal role in our growing product development team, working on our web console, Microsoft 365 Excel add-in, Google Sheets add-on, and other client-side components of our service.
You will be part of a small, optimistic, mission-driven team that is improving the financial lives of customers (and enjoys sharing a few laughs along the way).
What You’ll Do
- Build secure solutions that honors the trust customers are placing in our service
- Collaborate with the dev team and the rest of Tiller’s team on user interface ideas and applications
- Lead the development of highly responsive user interface components using React and other frameworks
- Tenaciously dive into complex application code, figure it out, and improve or update it
- Write things down, always leaving better code and documentation so it’s easier for others to understand your reasoning and follow your tracks
- Troubleshoot operational issues when a customer is experiencing a quirky condition or when you or your teammates notice something isn’t quite right
- Nimbly move between different front-end environments, each with their own constraints and frameworks, including web apps, Google add-ons, Microsoft add-ins, and others
- Improve the state of current client-side solutions by introducing best practices where appropriate
- Help scale the effectiveness of our product development team by collaboratively improving the tools, techniques, principles, and practices we use every day
Helpful For Success
- Experience building web applications that utilize APIs (both in-house and 3rd party) to drive user experiences
- We’re small and growing, so you’ll have tremendous agency and outsized impact on our developing culture, the Tiller service, and the success of our customers
- You’ll be surrounded by awesome, supportive colleagues who know how to have fun together
- We’ve been fully remote from day one; work from anywhere
- You’ll have an opportunity to explore a broad range of development and operations tools, technologies, and practices; you won’t be siloed or pigeon-holed
- You’ll have ongoing and repeated opportunities to pull up a seat at a lot of tables and wear multiple ‘hats’, depending on where your interests and capabilities lie; we have growth needs well beyond software development, and you’ll be close to them all, including IT, security, ops, customer support, product management, marketing
- We’re pioneers in Open Banking, a world-wide security and privacy initiative that gives customers more control over what financial institution information they share, and with whom
- Our customers tend to stick around – we have one of the highest customer retention rates among consumer fintech services
- Our team also sticks around, and we have uniquely high retention
- You will be eligible for stock options and equity ownership
- We provide health care coverage