Join the Team at Tiller
Join the Tiller team. We’re looking for talent from around the globe.
Tiller is the only automated personal finance service built on Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets, combining the ease of an app with the power of spreadsheets.
We provide our customers with a clear view of all their finances in one place, flexible templates, a vibrant user community, and US-based support.
Tiller is a small team of passionate people who believe money matters because life matters more. We are driven by a mission to help people gain greater confidence and control of their financial lives.
Current Open Positions
Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a senior software engineer with a primary focus on front-end development to play a pivotal role in our growing product development team, working on our web console, Microsoft 365 Excel add-in, Google Sheets add-on, and other client-side components of our service.
You will be part of a small, optimistic, mission-driven team that is improving the financial lives of customers (and enjoys sharing a few laughs along the way).
What You’ll Do
- Build secure solutions that honors the trust customers are placing in our service
- Collaborate with the dev team and the rest of Tiller’s team on user interface ideas and applications
- Lead the development of highly responsive user interface components using React and other frameworks
- Tenaciously dive into complex application code, figure it out, and improve or update it
- Write things down, always leaving better code and documentation so it’s easier for others to understand your reasoning and follow your tracks
- Troubleshoot operational issues when a customer is experiencing a quirky condition or when you or your teammates notice something isn’t quite right
- Nimbly move between different front-end environments, each with their own constraints and frameworks, including web apps, Google add-ons, Microsoft add-ins, and others
- Improve the state of current client-side solutions by introducing best practices where appropriate
- Help scale the effectiveness of our product development team by collaboratively improving the tools, techniques, principles, and practices we use every day
Helpful For Success
- Experience building web applications that utilize APIs (both in-house and 3rd party) to drive user experiences
- We’re small and growing, so you’ll have tremendous agency and outsized impact on our developing culture, the Tiller service, and the success of our customers
- You’ll be surrounded by awesome, supportive colleagues who know how to have fun together
- We’ve been fully remote from day one; work from anywhere
- You’ll have an opportunity to explore a broad range of development and operations tools, technologies, and practices; you won’t be siloed or pigeon-holed
- You’ll have ongoing and repeated opportunities to pull up a seat at a lot of tables and wear multiple ‘hats’, depending on where your interests and capabilities lie; we have growth needs well beyond software development, and you’ll be close to them all, including IT, security, ops, customer support, product management, marketing
- We’re pioneers in Open Banking, a world-wide security and privacy initiative that gives customers more control over what financial institution information they share, and with whom
- Our customers tend to stick around – we have one of the highest customer retention rates among consumer fintech services
- Our team also sticks around, and we have uniquely high retention
- You will be eligible for stock options and equity ownership
- We provide health care coverage
We are growing our team. If you’re interested in Tiller and want us to keep you in mind, please share your details in this form.