Backend Senior Software Engineer at Tiller
Tiller (tillerhq.com) is a nimble, distributed company transforming the way people handle their finances. We make it easy to track spending and manage money in a spreadsheet with daily bank feeds and helpful templates. We’re passionate about empowering people with their financial data in a flexible, private, and customizable format so they can take control of their future.
We are looking for a senior software engineer to play a pivotal role in our product team. You will have significant responsibility for building on our core service, improving on best practices around privacy, security, scalability, and reliability, and innovating new features that will delight our customers. You will be part of a small, optimistic, mission-driven team that is improving the financial lives of customers (and enjoys sharing a few laughs along the way).
A few perks:
- We’ve been fully remote from day one. Work from anywhere.
- Awesome, supportive colleagues who know how to have a good laugh together.
- A new Mac and monitor setup to help you do your best work.
- Health care coverage.
- Design and develop backend services using TypeScript, NodeJS, and the associated frameworks.
- Develop new features, enhancements, and maintain software solutions.
- Improve our code quality by writing unit tests and code reviews.
- Contribute a leadership role in Tiller’s security and privacy best-practices.
- Research and recommend solutions based on the latest best practices.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand the user stories and translate them into effective technical solutions.
- Team up with other developers to build highly scalable, secure, and reliable solutions, including customer-facing services and back-end operational processes.
- Own operational systems and processes, including automated deployment, infrastructure-as-code, etc.
Helpful for success:
- Hands on experience with GCP helpful
- Experience developing backend software in small team environment
- Strong experience in TypeScript, NodeJS and the associated frameworks
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Experience with Message Queues and Event Driven Architecture helpful
- Experience with serverless offerings of major cloud providers (particularly GCP)
- Experience in building RESTful web services
- Understanding of how to write clean code that manages complexity
- Experience of building and supporting scalable and secure web services
- Experience working with JS React Framework and/or other UI Frameworks
- Direct knowledge about application security best practices
- Strong interest in systems architecture and a passion to learn
- Familiarity or experience with full stack development
- Good at solving problems and thinking creatively
- Generate ideas based on customer feedback and market input
Think you’re a fit?
Complete the application below and we’ll reach out soon. We’re only considering applications from individuals currently residing in the United States or Canada.
Start Your Free Trial
Try Tiller free and track all your accounts in one place, always know where your money goes, and confidently plan your financial future.