About the Budget Plan template, Joseph says “I’ve been struggling with budgeting. I’ve jumped between using the Categories sheet, the Budget Builder template, and the Category Scheduler template, and though each has its strengths, each falls short of the way I’d like to handle budget planning. I created the Budget Plan template in an attempt to meet all the budget planning needs I could think of.”
Key features of the Budget Plan template:
- Keep a list of all budget items so you don’t have to remember what each category includes
- Create a budget for items based on any multiple of weeks, months or years
- Create a budget for items based on last year’s transactions using Description or Category, and increase/decrease using a multiplier
- Create a budget for items in the month they occur, average them over the entire year, or average them over a specified period
- Set specific starting and ending dates to increase the accuracy of when funds are allocated
- Allow budget items to be temporarily disabled so you can keep track of them without their funds affecting the budget
- Quickly see the annual cost of each budgeted item
- Quickly see the averaged monthly cost of each budget item
- Quickly see the minimum and maximum amounts over the year for funds allocated in the month they occur
- Quickly see the budget amount each month for each budgeted item
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmeoGPq2fQo Ask questions and join the conversation about the Budget Plan Template for Google Sheets in this Tiller Community thread.
Detailed video demo of the Budget Plan Template
Install the template from the Tiller Community Solutions Add-on
Tiller Community Solutions FAQ
Is this template free?
What is Tiller?
Tiller is the only automated personal finance service for Google Sheets and Excel. Tiller keeps all your daily spending, income, and account balances updated in your spreadsheets, so you can easily see where you stand at a glance and gain powerful insights about your money. Learn more →
Does this template have any dependencies or special requirements?
This template for Google Sheets works best when installed in Tiller’s Foundation Template.
Have questions about this template?
Visit the Tiller Community with any questions about this template.