About the Account Filter for Microsoft Excel
The Excel Account Filter sheet, based on the popular Sheets Account Filter is useful if you want to review the transactions of any single account linked to your Tiller spreadsheet.
This is a read-only sheet for viewing transactions that also already exist in the Transactions sheet. It’s an alternative if you prefer not to filter your Transactions sheet, but want to review transactions for a specific account.
If you have a newer version of the Excel Foundation Workbook, you can skip this step. Otherwise, you’ll need to add Excel tables to your spreadsheet that contain the contents of the
Categories worksheets before adding the worksheet.
In each worksheet, simply:
- Select the entire used data range (including the header row)
- Click Insert/Table in the file menu
- Check the “My table has headers” checkbox
- Click “Ok” in the Create Table modal dialog
- Assign a Table Name in the little text box in the top left of the toolbar— use “Categories” in the
Categoriesworksheet and “Transactions” in the
- Download the Account Filter workbook.
- Follow these instructions to copy the downloaded template into your Excel workbook and to connect the formula references to your local workbook data. (The instructions are for the desktop version of Excel, the web version is not recommended for the installation but does work once the Account Reconciliation sheet is installed.)
At this point your new template should be functional and linked to your local workbook’s data.
To use the sheet, select the account for which you want to view transactions in the drop down in cell
Advanced users can pull in additional columns from the
Transactions sheet by modifying the formula in cell