About the Import CSV Line Items Importer
This workflow makes importing CSV files into Google spreadsheets easier by:
- Recognizing & validating your import data source
- Remapping fields to match up with your Tiller spreadsheet
- Creating offsets to zero-out credit card charges from your feeds
- Itemizing orders into discrete line-items to facilitate accurate categorization (Amazon imports only)
- Tracking imported data and preventing the import of duplicates (not all data sources)
- Storing searchable metadata in the Transactions sheet
- Providing one-click filtering of uncategorized imported line items
How the CSV Importer for Google Sheets works
This workflow is designed for spreadsheets powered by Tiller. The CSV Importer saves time and improves accuracy when tracking how money was spent for personal finance and small-business users who regularly transact on the following services: Amazon, Venmo, Paypal, or Apple Card.
The workflow will also help to migrate users who wish to move data from another personal finance platform such as Mint, YNAB, or Personal Capital.
The Import CSV Line Items workflow recognizes the following CSV files:
- Amazon purchases (USA only)
- Amazon refunds (USA only)
- Apple Card purchases
- Mint transactions register
- Paypal transactions
- Personal Capital transactions register
- Venmo transactions
- YNAB transactions register
- Basic Bank CSV
Why use this workflow with your Tiller-powered spreadsheets?
- If your account is not supported for automated feeds from Tiller Money.
- If there is a temporary outage for your institution.
- You want to get historical data from before the first automated import via Tiller Money Feeds
Support & Documentation
- View documentation for the CSV Importer here the Tiller Community
- All Tiller Community Solutions are exclusively supported in the Tiller Community