About the Savings Budget Spreadsheet
The Envelope Savings Budget Spreadsheet template is a simple envelope/rollover savings concept for Google Sheets. It is designed to deliver the following benefits:
- Compatibility with Tiller’s Foundation Template
- In-category “rollover/envelope” savings workflows
- Responsive performance
- Simple to use and get started
- Activation of savings workflows on a per-category basis
- In-dashboard workflows to modify budgets and savings values
- Budget and savings change-history logging
- Compatibility with the Savings & Debt template to manage longer-term goals
Using the Savings Budget with the Tiller Foundation Template
Tracking changes to savings rollovers requires an additional log sheet called
Budget Journal. The add-to-spreadsheet process will also insert a sheet called
Budget Journal into your spreadsheet.
Further, the installation will add a “Track” column to your
Categories sheet where you can enable “Savings” functionality on a category-by-category basis.
Support & Documentation
- View Tiller Community documentation for the Savings Budget Spreadsheet
- All Tiller Community Solutions are exclusively supported in the Tiller Community
Tiller Community Solutions FAQ
Is this template free?
What is Tiller?
Tiller is the only automated personal finance service for Google Sheets and Excel. Tiller automatically tracks your daily spending, income, and balances in your spreadsheets, so you can see all your finances in one place with full control of how you manage your money. Learn more →
What is the Tiller Community Solutions Add-on?
The Tiller Community Solutions add-on is an easy way to install dozens of free, prebuilt sheets for tracking your budgets, debt payoff goals, net worth, savings, and more. It also includes several helpful spreadsheet utilities and CSV importers.
Does this template have any dependencies or special requirements?
This template for Google Sheets works best when installed in Tiller’s Foundation Template.
Have questions about this template?
Visit the Tiller Community with any questions about this template.