About the Tags Report for Google Sheets
The tags report:
- Lists the tags you’re using on your Transactions sheet.
- Shows you the sum amount for transactions that use that tag.
- Gives a total count of the transactions using that tag.
- Offers a tag dropdown to show you transaction details for a specific tag.
- Provides a summary of the categories where that tag is used for a transaction.
- Shows the total count of transactions using the selected tag organized by category.
- Offers custom date range tag review
Tagging Transactions in Tiller Spreadsheets
- The Tags Report comes to life after you start tagging transactions on the Transactions sheet.
- The Tags on the Transactions sheet are distinct from those you can also use on the Categories sheet.
- You can use a single tag or multiple tags for a transaction.
- To use multiple tags for a single transaction simply separate each tag with a comma with no space in between the tags.
How to use the Tags Report
After you’ve tagged some transactions you can start building analysis on the Tags Report sheet. You should see the list of tags you’ve used so far populate into the All Tags list starting in cell A9.
You can then select a tag from the dropdown list in the middle of the Tags Report to review all transactions associated with your selected tag and get a summary of the total amounts and counts of the tag used organized by category.
Customize the date range if you only want to view data for a specific time range or you can choose “All Dates” to see all tagged transaction data.
Support & Documentation
- View documentation for the Tags Report here the Tiller Community
- All Tiller Community Solutions are exclusively supported in the Tiller Community
Tiller Community Solutions FAQ
Is this template free?
What is Tiller?
Tiller is the only automated personal finance service for Google Sheets and Excel. Tiller automatically tracks your daily spending, income, and balances in your spreadsheets, so you can see all your finances in one place with full control of how you manage your money. Learn more →
What is the Tiller Community Solutions Add-on?
The Tiller Community Solutions add-on is an easy way to install dozens of free, prebuilt sheets for tracking your budgets, debt payoff goals, net worth, savings, and more. It also includes several helpful spreadsheet utilities and CSV importers.
Does this template have any dependencies or special requirements?
This template for Google Sheets works best when installed in Tiller’s Foundation Template.
Have questions about this template?
Visit the Tiller Community with any questions about this template.