About the Year-to-Date Template for Microsoft Excel
The Year-to-Date Comparison Sheet for Microsoft Excel provides budget versus actual analysis for the year-to-date period. The sheet is very simple and easy to use. It works for the current year.
- Download the Shared_Year-to-Date Workbook
- Follow these instructions to copy the downloaded template into your Excel workbook and to connect the formula references to your local workbook data.
- Aggregate By: Options are Category or Group.
- Sort By: The report can be sorted by any of the columns.
- Sort Order: The report can be sorted A to Z or Z to A.
The sheet summarizes in your actual Transactions by Category and Group from the Transactions sheet for the year to date period.
The sheet works best if you are using a Categories sheet that includes budgets by month. The Foundation template includes this. If you don’t have a Categories sheet with budgets by month starting in Jan of this year, then you won’t have any YTD Budget data.
If a category or group doesn’t have an actual amount or a budget amount, it won’t appear in the report. Categories that are set to Hide won’t appear either.
If you find any issues, let me know!
Support & Documentation
- View documentation for the Year-to-Date Comparison Template for Microsoft Excel here the Tiller Community
- All Tiller Community Solutions are exclusively supported in the Tiller Community