Money Matters Because Life Matters More
The Tiller team is driven by the belief that money matters because life matters more. And we’re growing an enduring company based on those principles.
Every day the team at Tiller works together to build the best personal finance service possible.
Our work is driven by the belief that money matters because life matters more.
Why are we so focused on empowering people with financial control? Because we’ve all seen the consequences of financial uncertainty.
Each of us at Tiller has a money story, if not many stories
- A colleague who was spending beyond their means.
- A parent who was struggling to pay the bills.
- A time in our lives when we were too far over our skis and in financial mayhem.
The interesting riddle about money is that it can’t buy everything
Actually, it can’t buy much. Happiness. Love. Joy. Lots of money doesn’t correlate with any of these.
But at the other end of the spectrum, financial distress correlates with struggling relationships, poor health, and lower work productivity.
It’s quite simple: if you’re not in control of your money, then your money will control you.
With the right tools and support, financial control is possible
That’s why we’re completely focused on building one of the best services in the world to help people, lots of people, get in control of their finances.
Here are the core beliefs guiding our work at Tiller:
- We believe money matters because everything else in life matters more.
- We believe financial control is within reach for most people, at nearly any income level.
- We believe spreadsheets are an incredible tool for achieving financial control because you can build a workflow that uniquely matches your goals and your situation.
- We believe that automated bank data feeds and a few helpful tools and templates make spreadsheets easier to use, easier to stick with, and frankly, a joy to use.
- We believe the right business model is to make money directly from our customers. 100% of our revenue comes from subscriptions. No ads. No hidden agendas.
- We believe privacy is paramount. We don’t want to see our customers’ data. We don’t want to sell our customers’ data. We vigilantly work to protect our customers’ data.
We’re growing an impactful and enduring company on these principles
Spreadsheets aren’t going anywhere. Neither is the need for better financial control.
We have an awesome roadmap ahead. We’re 100% dedicated to improving our service for everyone who depends on Tiller. The future is incredibly exciting.
If you’re a Tiller customer, thank you for joining us on this journey
And please tell us how we can better support you and your goals.
If you’re not a Tiller customer yet, consider joining. It’s the start of a new year. Imagine how good it will feel to end 2022 with control of your money and true confidence in your financial direction.
You can be there. And we’re here to help.
An excellent company with an excellent mission!
I’m proud to work with Tiller.