How well did you stick to your budget last month?
"I’ve helped a lot of people create or improve on their existing budget. I’m always surprised when people tell me they set a budget but never do a recap at the end of the month to compare it to. When they add this simple step to their budget it improves the outcome every time. Without a recap, your budget and your reality can be out of sync for months, even years and you wouldn’t even know it. You’d know something was wrong, but you wouldn’t be able to see where the problems are and make adjustments."
- Derek Olsen, HowDoIMoney.com
How to use this template
- Get started by setting up your categories, which are the basis for your monthly budget.
- Next assign values toward each of those categories based on your known expenses each month.
- Categorize new transactions daily or a few times a week.
- Review your budget at the end of the month and see how you did. Adjust for the next month based on your results.
- Includes budget sheet, debt snowball calculator, savings goal sheet, net worth tracker and a free video series.
- 30 days free, easy to cancel.
- Securely link your bank accounts.
- Your sheet is updated daily.