About the CSV Line Item Importer
The Import CSV Line Items workflow makes importing CSV files into Google Sheet easier by:
- Recognizing & validating your import data source
- Remapping fields to match up with your Tiller spreadsheet
- Creating offsets to zero-out credit card charges from your feeds
- Itemizing orders into discrete line-items to facilitate accurate categorization (Amazon imports only)
- Tracking imported data and preventing the import of duplicates (not all data sources)
- Storing searchable metadata in the Transactions sheet
- Providing one-click filtering of uncategorized imported line items
Who Is This For?
This workflow is designed for spreadsheets powered by Tiller Money Feeds. The CSV Importer saves time and improves accuracy when tracking how money was spent for personal finance and small-business users who regularly transact on the following services: Amazon, Venmo, Paypal, or Apple Card.
The workflow will also help to migrate users who wish to move data from another personal finance platform such as Mint, YNAB, or Personal Capital.
What Data Sources Are Supported?
The Import CSV Line Items workflow will recognize the following types of CSV files:
- Amazon purchases (USA only)
- Amazon refunds (USA only)
- Apple Card purchases
- Mint transactions register
- Paypal transactions
- Personal Capital transactions register
- Venmo transactions
- YNAB transactions register
- Basic Bank CSV
Why use this workflow?
- If your account is not supported for automated feeds from Tiller Money.
- If there is a temporary outage for your institution.
- You want to get historical data from before the first automated import via Tiller Money Feeds
Read more and ask any questions about the CSV importer here in the Tiller Community.