Tiller Money Security Promise
1. Tiller Money is funded solely by your subscription fee.
2. You sign in with your Google account for secure authentication.
When you create a Tiller Money account, you sign up with your Google account. No one can access your Tiller account unless they have access to your Google account.
3. Tiller Money supports 2-Step verification via Google Sign-in.
In addition to a secure password, we recommend enabling Google’s 2-step verification feature in your Google account. Learn More
4. Your data is protected with bank-grade 256-bit AES encryption.
Tiller Money’s servers encrypt your data with bank-grade 256-bit AES encryption. Our servers update your private, Tiller-connected Google Sheet or Excel workbook each day.
5. Tiller Money securely connects to financial sources via Yodlee.
9 of the 15 largest US banks use Yodlee to manage their financial data. Yodlee is a publicly traded company and has undergone 200 audits by financial institutions in the past 24 months.
6. Tiller Money does not see or store your bank credentials.
Your credentials are encrypted in your browser and passed directly to Yodlee. Yodlee provides a read-only token granting Tiller’s servers visibility into your transactions.
7. No person at Tiller Money will see see your data.
No one on Tiller’s team will see your private transaction data or your spreadsheets unless you override your default settings and specifically choose to share data with a Tiller analyst or support team.
8. Tiller Money is strictly read only and cannot move money.
Tiller has read-only access to your bank data. Tiller Money cannot move, transfer, or invest money. Tiller cannot create new accounts, or change passwords or permissions with any financial institution.
9. You’re the only one who can share your spreadsheets.
You are the only person who will see your Tiller Money-powered spreadsheets unless you deliberately share access with a spouse or financial planner.
10. Tiller Money’s team is committed to protecting your privacy.
Tiller Money is a nine-person team headquartered in Seattle, Washington. Your privacy and security is paramount to each of us and our families, all of whom use Tiller with our own finances. Meet the team →