Retirement Planning Spreadsheet
The Retirement Planner spreadsheet template estimates the total value of your investments into the future. You can experiment with different growth rate scenarios and project outcomes in real-time.
About the Retirement Planning Spreadsheet
The powerful Retirement Planner Spreadsheet estimates the total value of your investments into the future. You can experiment with different growth rate scenarios and project outcomes in real-time.
Benefits of the Retirement Planning Spreadsheet:
- Quick & easy setup (only a handful of inputs are required)
- Presents forecast by year in both chart and table formats
- Projects when you will reach your Portfolio Goal
- Responsive scenario planning with instantaneous updates to plan changes
- Renders multiple growth rate scenarios
- Integrates with your existing account balances and Cash Flow Forecast
- Can model changing risk profile
The sheet makes many compounding assumptions about the future— listed in the Tiller Money Community — and thereby should only be used as a directional model.
The Retirement Planner solution works well in combination with the Cash Flow Forecast sheet. Any expected future income or expenses (e.g. college expenses for a child, a home or car purchase, etc) should first be entered on the Cash Flow Forecast sheet.
The Retirement Planner uses your cash flow information from the Cash Flow Forecast sheet, then adds Investments totals, Investment Growth, Withdrawal rates, and Transfers/Adjustments to the forecast.
Retirement planning is a very complex & personal task with individuals each bringing a unique set of goals, inputs, and expectations. We have tried to build a solution that leverages your existing Tiller information and provides best-effort future retirement guidance.
The sheet is flexible so you can add your own basic adjustments and options.