Tiller Money works with Google Sheets because it’s powerful, collaborative, and secure. Once you’ve created your new Google account you’ll be able to securely authenticate and create a Tiller Money account.
How to Create a New Google Account
Making a new Google account is a fast and simple process. You won’t even need a photo ID or mailing address. However, as Google notes, “By providing accurate info, you can help keep your account secure and make our services more useful.”
Provide some basic data
When you make a new Google account, you will need to provide some basic data:
- First name
- Last name
- Desired Gmail address
Your gender is also technically required, though one of your options is “Rather not say.” The other options are “female,” “male” and “custom.”
Google will ask you for both a phone number and a recovery email. Neither is required to create a new Google account.
- Anything you do on Google can be used for marketing and product development. Every time you “upload, submit, store, send or receive content” you’re giving Google the right to “use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works…communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute” it but only if they’re using it for “operating, promoting, and improving our Services, and to develop new ones.” Every act you take with your new Google account will be saved. Even ones you may presume to be private, like email messages.
- You can manage your own data. Google will store “video(s) you watched, device IDs, IP addresses, cookie data, and location.” If you don’t like the idea of all that data out there tied to your name, you can control which data is stored at myaccount.google.com.
Access your new Google account
- Google Drive
- Google Docs
- Google Sheets
- Google Hangouts
- Google Calendar
- Google Slides
- Google Play
These are just a sample of the programs you can use with your new Google account. If you are using Google for work, you can upgrade to G Suite, which is a paid service but gives you more cloud storage and more opportunities for collaboration with your employees or coworkers.
The following services require a Google account
- Tiller Money – Personal finance software that automatically updates Google Sheets with your daily spending, account balances, and transactions, with easy templates for budgeting, paying down debt, tracking spending and more. Free 3–day trial.
- Trumba – A calendar system for event planners and promoters built to work with Google Calendar.
- 24me – Built for personal use, 24me is an app that consolidates all your different calendars into one, and encourages you to set to-do/task lists. While you don’t need a new Google account to use 24me, it does allow you to sync your current Google Calendar and turn your Gmail messages into tasks on your to-do list.
- Botsheets – A chatbot content management system which uses Google Sheets to autogenerate content for Facebook Messenger.
Start your free trial
Start a free trial of Tiller Money and see why "89% say spreadsheets give them more control over how they track their finances" - Inc. Magazine, "The Science Behind Feeling In Control About Your Money"