Cumulatively the team at Tiller reads, discusses, and shares hundreds of articles about personal finance, fintech, and spreadsheets each week.
Round Up brings some of our favorites together in one place so you can see what we’re following and head into a rabbit hole of your own.
- Ben Collins just launched a FREE Apps script course. “Go from zero coding knowledge to automating your work with Google Apps Script.” If you want to get even more from Google Sheets, this is the best place to begin. And again, this course is free. – BenLCollins.com
- Robinhood tempts savers with 3% interest on checking accounts – Marketwatch
- Fintech startup Plaid raises $250M at a $2.65B valuation” – Techcrunch
- “Compound interest, or growth, is one of the, if not the most, powerful and impactful forces in nature. And yet, it is also one of the most consistently misunderstood in the world of business.” – Nnamdi Iregbulem
- “What Jobs are Most Common for Financial Independence?” – Financialtoolbelt.com
- You should talk to your friends about money. Here’s how. – FastCompany.com
- On financial automation, “Technology can be your greatest money ally when used correctly. However, it’s not intended to be a set and forget it method of controlling your budget.” – Debt.com
- Yikes – but in our always-changing universe, it’s always best to get prepared. “Are You Ready for the Financial Crisis of 2019? Here are five ways things could get bad for everyone.” – New York Times
JUST FOR FUN
- And to send you into the weekend with a laugh, “This Kansas kid is getting lots of attention — because he knows how to fall down” – Witchita Eagle